Mrs Jean Walker is the Learning Support Manager at Alwoodley
Telephone: 0113 2686104
What is a Learning Support Manager?
A Learning Support Manager's main aim is to turn sad faces into happy faces. This means working closely with parents / carers, teachers and outside agencies to help and support children, who for various reasons are experiencing difficulties with emotional problems, behaviour, attendance or achievement.
The role includes:
• Working with individual children and small groups.
• Working closely with all school staff to ensure that appropriate
support is in place.
• Working in partnership with parents / carers, supporting their needs
and those of their child.
• Monitoring attendance, supporting children and families when appropriate,
to help improve attendance and punctuality.
• Being a point of contact to outside support agencies for parents
and their child.
• Liaising with local High schools to help ensure a smooth transition
for those children about to leave Year 6.
• Holding regular School Council meetings with representatives
from each year group.
• Running Breakfast Club for children from Reception to Year 6
between 8.00 a.m. to 8.45 a.m. Monday to Friday
What does this mean for you as a parent?
We hope it reassures you to know that if your child experiences any difficulties
at school, there is someone here who can give the kind of individual attention
your child needs.
It is important for you to know that Jean Walker is here for you the parent too!
If you feel you need to talk to someone about your child or anything else relevant to your child that may affect their school life, please do not hesitate to contact Jean.
If you have any concerns please contact
Mrs Jean Walker in school or telephone 0113 2686104