Week beginning 20/4/20
Good morning everyone, I hope you had a good Easter break!
Miss Murphy and I have met this morning to have a look around school, it is very quiet without you here! Our topic this half term is based around Bear Grylls, a famous survivalist. These are some of the activities we would love for you to have a try at this week:
1) Mrs Lambert has found a lovely den activity which links in perfectly with Bear Grylls. Can you make a den and send a picture of you sitting in it to your teacher? The attachment is below.
2) Below is a story about Sidney the Spider and some reading and writing activities that go along with it. We would love for you to have a go at this over the next few weeks. Maybe you could draw or make Sidney at home and send a picture to your teacher?
3) Don't forget to learn your spellings. They were sent out this morning via text and are also on the spelling shed website. They are : float boat cone show alone toe phone flow throw home. There will be a test on Tuesday 28th April at 10am and codes will be sent out beforehand.
4) BBC bitesize are doing daily English, Maths and Topic lessons. If you would like some extra work why not have a go at these and let us know how you get on!
5) We have created a Challenge Sheet similar to the one sent out during and prior to the Easter holidays.
6) There are two Maths activities you might like to try. Classroom Secrets have released some Maths (and English) activities and White Rose have also released some Maths activities that follow the resources released on the BBC Bitesize website.
There are lots of links to useful websites and resources on our year 1 page, and throughout the Alwoodley website. If you find anything extra that you think other parents might like or need any extra support, please get in touch.
It is supposed to be nice and sunny so it will be lovely to get outside!