Children should not have holidays during school time. We understand that holidays may be cheaper out of school time, but do you realise by saving money you are affecting your child’s chances of doing well in their future life?
Good attendance is important because:
- Statistics show a direct link between under-achievement and absence below 95%
- Regular attenders make better progress, both socially and academically
- Regular attenders find school routines, school work and friendships easier to cope with
- Regular attenders find learning more satisfying
- Regular attenders are more successful in transferring between primary school, secondary school, and higher education, employment or training.
- Attending school regularly safeguards the welfare of children whilst they are not in the care of their parents/carers