Dealing with incidents of bullying
The following check list is used by our pastoral team to determine whether behavioural incidents can be identified as bullying.
- Is the behaviour intentional/targeted/calculated?
- Is the behaviour premeditated?
- Is the behaviour repetitive over a period of weeks/months?
- Is there an imbalance of power physically?
- Is there an imbalance of power socially?
Senior staff will use this checklist when investigating behaviour incidents which will allow them to accurately assess a resolution and approach.